There has never been a better time to become a member of The Australian Home Heating Association.
As many Australians turn to wood heating as a sustainable home heating option, it is more important than ever to come together and ensure we are serving the best interests of the Australian community by improving technology, maintaining high regulatory standards and fostering a sustainable, ecologically managed industry.
When an application for Membership is received, the Management Committee must decide whether to accept or reject the application. Applications will be advised of the outcome.
If your application has been accepted, an invoice will be forwarded, and when payment has been received a Membership Package will be sent.
Membership package includes:
Membership Fee: $55.00 including GST (payable annually)
Levy Fee: $7.70 including GST per unit sold (Manufacturers and Importers only)
*All manufacturers and importers will be charged a quarterly fee based on all the units sold in that period
If you are having trouble completing the member form, you can download the form here.
2. The Association will rely on the representations and statements by the Applicant in this application for membership.
3. Settlement of all invoices will be due and payable within fourteen (14) days of the date appearing on the invoice, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed upon between the Association and the Applicant. Payment may be made by electronic transfer or approved credit cards.
4. In the event that an outstanding invoice is pursued by an authorised collection agency, the applicant will be liable for any fees incurred by the collection agency.
5. The Applicant agrees to promptly notify the Association of any change of details submitted, i.e. representative, additional contacts, address, website, telephone number etc.
6. The Association has the right to amend the terms and conditions, following the Applicant being provided with seven (7) days’ notice in writing of any such changes.
The following points from 7-10 will apply to Manufacturer/Importer members (Levy Members) only
7. All Chimney Sweeps, Installers and Maintenance Providers must provide their Certificate of Currency upon application and must keep their Certificate of Currency valid at all times
8. The Applicant agrees to provide sales statistics on a quarterly basis to the Association and pay the nominated levy as set by the Association.
9. If an AHHA Levy Member fails to provide their sales figures within 90 days from the Association’s request, all wood heater brands and models will be removed from the Certified Wood Heaters list on the AHHA website.
10. The Applicant will ensure all units, manufactured and imported are tested to the current Australian/New Zealand Standards and hold a current Certificate of Compliance.
11. If an AHHA Levy Member fails to pay their invoices within 90 days of being issued, all wood heater brands and models will be removed from the Certified Wood Heaters list on the AHHA website.